Friday, November 18, 2011

Weakness

Sometimes I realize just how immature I am, or how 'young' I am in my faith. Moments happen that 'test' me and over and over again I react the same way. I am driven by an intense desire to be liked and to be accepted by others and when I am not, I am rocked to the core. When someone is mad at me, it eats away at me and literally ruins my day. In fact, the prospect of someone being mad at me, the not knowing if they are, does the same thing. I want control. I want to fix it. I want them to think the best of me and to accept me. This happened to me today - someone misunderstood something I said and they were really upset w/ me. My world was rocked and my whole demeanor changed. My wife tried to encourage me, but I was in a slump... I pray that someday my reaction is to tell myself that I am rooted in Christ and that I am accepted by him, and I don't need peoples' approval all the time. I pray that God changes this tendency in me... I certainly can't fix it myself...

2 Corinthians 12:9 - But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness". Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

- Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment