Thursday, November 17, 2011

It's Been Awhile!

It's Jim... Things have gone so quickly, it is hard to believe it has been so long since I posted. To tell the truth, I have been less focused on reflecting on the things I am thankful for, having been caught up in the whirlwind of baby Graham being born. I have so much to be thankful for and so much that I am thankful for. I can't believe that Thanksgiving is only a week away. Here are a few things I am thankful for:

116. Safe and healthy birth of my little boy

117. Staring at Graham's eyes and realizing that his helplessness and total dependence on us is a picture of our total helplessness and total dependence on our heavenly Father

118. Laughing and crying w/ my wife at the changes we are going through

119. Sweet sleep when we can get it

120. for the in-laws being here our first week home

121. For Linda and Carol being there to support and help during delivery and the first couple of days at the hospital

122. God's provision for us through wonderful friends bringing food and coffee!

123. that Graham got to meet his grandparents so soon after his birth

124. For wisdom and patience at the hospital in regards to breastfeeding and caring for our boy

125. Little moments of prayer w/ Alisha - usually tear filled asking for strength, patience, peace and rest

126. Technology like Skype so that other members of our families and our friends can meet our little boy

127. Comfy clothes and rainy fall days

128. Heat and a nice cozy house

129. Cameras to capture special moments w/ our boy

130. Strong and patient wife who cares for our son and feeds him (continually) :)

131. Good relationships w/ my in-laws (can't take it for granted!)

132. The anticipation of Thanksgiving and Christmas - and Advent!

No comments:

Post a Comment