Thursday, April 5, 2012

It's Been Awhile - Again

I have thought at least 200 times in the past few months that I wanted to get on here and make a post. To jump right in, things have been difficult for us, and there have been many times that I have not been thankful. I have struggled to find the things in each day that are blessings, but am quick to take note of the negativity around me. I hate that about my heart...

Life has changed so much in the past 5 months, and sometimes I struggle to be okay with it. Other times, I embrace it and am excited about this new stage in our lives. It is strange to think that a year and a half ago, we were praying that God would give us a little one, and then when He did, we were thinking, 'just kidding, Lord, I don't think we were ready'. It is the difficult moments that I find it the hardest to reflect on God's providence. Over the past few weeks, I have found myself saying out loud that God is still seated on the throne, that God is not caught off guard by my circumstances. These things are so important to say - speaking truth at the heart of lies I swallow whole (as some would say, 'hook, line, and sinker').

At all times, there is so much to be thankful for:
155. I am thankful for being able to take Graham with us more easily now - life seems to be getting 'back to normal' even if it means we are home earlier each evening
156. I am thankful for finding a formula that Graham could use - it has made a world of difference for us all
157. I am thankful that we got to spend some great quality time with my family last weekend, and that Graham did so well in the car and in an unfamiliar environment
158. I am thankful for access to medical care
159. This may sound dumb, but I am very thankful for my computer and my cell phone - such conveniences
160. I am thankful we get to take an overnight trip to Richmond soon as a family
161. I am thankful that school is on Spring Break next week and I will be 'off' for most of the week
162. I am so thankful for beautiful weather and the onset of Spring
163. I am thankful that Easter is this weekend and for everything it means to us



No comments:

Post a Comment